I have had it with my gray walls. The owners before us painted everything gray. Not even and interesting gray more like quick-paint-it-so-we-can-move gray. Anyway I decided on the colors upstairs after a long struggle with my scaredy cat leanings to cream I decided on a autumn, warm orange.
So I get to Lowe’s and start looking around. I am a gardener and so I get sucked into the garden area. Then wander through the store trying to remember the things I wanted. Meanwhile hubby and kids are swirling around me. I stumbled on the paint aisle,”oh yeah I wanted paint”
Then I realize that my carefully chosen paint color was at home and with my fuzzy brain recently I couldn’t come up with the color, or the maker, and really anything. I stood in front of the paint chips ready to cry. Why is my brain so sluggish and fuzzy?!
Lupus! yes the beasty is goofing up my head.
I was able to find the paint I wanted thanks to my artist of a 11 year old. She went straight to the chip and handed it to me. This encourages me to make a plan though. I don’t want this to happen again.
1. Make a notebook: put ideas and pictures to take with me to the store.
2. Find a theme picture or make one. My best decorating experinces have been when I found a picture I liked and mimiced it. Or I found several items that I wanted grouped together. I glued them on one page so I could see them all at once.
3. Go shopping when least stressed. Going with all five kids and hubby was stressful and distracting. Also be sure to have a drink with you and don’t be hungery.
4. Check out online shopping. I find that I shop only for my needs when I shop online. I also find that shopping for things like books is much easier. Recently when items are close together or brightly colored my eyes cannot make sense of it. It all blurrs together. Shopping online is much easier for me, as long as the picutures are good
5. Take a trusted helper. Talk to your helper/hubby about what you want to get and accomplish. So that when you are at the store they can help guide you. You could even delegate some of the running to them so that you can save your strength.
We here is to happy comfortable homes! God bless my friends!